DA201: Product Owner: Enterprise Skills Workshop
This one day workshop teaches participants how to maximize the effectiveness of business working with IT to fulfill the agile promise of early and frequent delivery of value to your customers and other stakeholders. The Disciplined Agile (DA) framework extends the Product Owner role as described in Scrum to focus on other factors critical to the success of sophisticated and large agile projects. This workshop helps Product Owners understand the breadth of their responsibilities and how to work with delivery team and other stakeholders in order to deliver successful product using the DA framework.
- This non-technical workshop is suitable for anyone wishing to represent the business on agile projects in the role of Product Owner or other stakeholder.
- What does it mean to be a Product Owner?
- Why Product Owners?
- The responsibilities of a Product Owner
- What Product Owners are not responsible for (and why)
- Strategic and tactical responsibilities
- The Product Owner mindset
- Who do Product Owners need to work with?
- The workflow of product ownership
- Organizing your time inside and outside of the delivery team
- Product Owner skills
- Creating a product vision
- Initial requirements envisioning
- Release planning
- Product roadmapping
- Writing epics and stories
- Negotiating priorities with stakeholders
- Embracing scope change
- Look-ahead modelling: Grooming the work to be done
- Demonstrating your solution
- Technical debt: Why you must care
- Budgeting, initial estimating, and working with team estimates
- Understanding the current state via agile and lean metrics
- Product ownership in the enterprise
- Working in a large program
- Product owner teams
- Chief Product Owners (CPOs)
- Outsourced teams
- Geographically distributed stakeholders
- Geographically distributed delivery teams
- Working in a complex domain
- Coordinating functional dependencies with other teams
- Working with Product Management
An appreciation of the Disciplined Agile mindset. People who are new to agile, or who need a refresher, should watch the Agile Mindset and Disciplined Agile Mindset videos on the Recorded Presentations page.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of the Disciplined Agile (DA) approach. Students are expected to have:
- Length: In person training - One day - 7 hours of classroom time plus breaks
- Online training- 2 - 4 hour sessions
- Approach – For each major topic in the agenda there will be instruction followed by hands-on group work. The workshop has an emphasis on learning through discussion and experiential exercises.
Instructors Certified to teach this course